Skip global navigation and read the article

Skip global navigation and go to local navigation

Skip global navigation and go to footer navigation

To International students

1 Counseling for Overseas Students

Since you are studying in Japan away from your homeland, problems may occur both in academic and non-academic matters because of the difference in social systems, customs, culture and other reasons. Do not hesitate to consult with one of the offices listed below whenever you have such problems. You can also consult with the Student Staff first whatever the matter of concern is.

Matter of ConcernOffice in ChargePlace
University life in general
Student Staff
Administration building 1F
Academic Staff
Administration building 1F
Employment Finding Staff
Administration building 1F
Mental and physical

health care
Medical Room
Administration building 1F

Managerial Staff
Administration building 2F054-264-5104

The opening hours for the Administration Office and Student Affairs Department from Monday through Friday are 8:30 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 17:00
(Medical Room 10:00 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 17:00)
Contact the Students Staff when the medical room is closed.
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays, Holidays and December. 29th to January. 3rd
You can also consult with special counselors on various kinds of problems. You have to reserve for these counseling sessions, please ask the Student Staff.

2 Notices from the University

Notices from the University will be sent by e-mail, or posted on the “Web Service System” and the appointed bulletin board (see next page).
Make sure to check your e-mail and the “Web Service system” daily, and look at the bulletin board when you come and leave the University at least once a week. Checking the information is your responsibility.

The University Staff may sometimes call you. If you can’t respond immediately, please call the university later. But please take care not to call back to unknown phone numbers.
※ If you change your phone number, e-mail, and address please update your student registration using the “Web Service System”.

“International Meeting Room”
The International Meeting Room is a room to provide information to overseas students,Japanese students interested in international exchanges and Japanese students interested in studying abroad,as well as a place to relax with your friends. The room is opened Mondays through Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m..

3 Japanese Language Learning Support

The university provides you with the Japanese language support programs.

●For Primers to Intermediates
Target : All International students in the university of shizuoka, including research students.
Contents : Japanese and the cultures included traditions for primers to intermediates.
Time : Tuesday
      at 9:00-10:00 am (For primers)
      at 10:05-11:05 am (For beginners)
      at 11:10-12:10 pm (For intermediates)
Classroom: 2218

●For Upper Intermediates to Advanced I
Target : All International students in the university of shizuoka, including research students.
Contents : How to read and write a report in Japanese.
Time : Monday at 2:40-4:10 pm
Classroom : 2312

●For Upper Intermediate to Advanced II
Target : All International students in the university of shizuoka, including research students.
Contents : How to audit the Japanese lecutures.
Time : Tuesday at 13:00 pm-14:30 pm
Classroom : 2312

●Conversation Partner
Conversation partner is a system that provides support to international students through conversation with Japanese students. If you want to apply for this system, please tell the Student Staff.

4 Events Scheduled for Overseas Students

Listed below are exchange programs and events that will take place during the school year.
The University would like you to get used to your University life as soon as possible. We would also like to allow time for you to get to know the President of our University and all other faculty and staff members so that you can enjoy and have an enriching campus life during your stay here.
Please participate in these programs and have fun.

(1)Events held by the University
There will be events such as the University festival (the Tsurugi-sai),sport festivals and a welcome party for new students.

(2) Exchange Programs with the Community
Every year our University is requested by the community to hold some exchange programs,which is an essential part of your overseas studies. These programs will be posted on the “Web Service system” and the bulletin board so please take note of them and participate in these programs.

(3) Events held by the International Friendship Association
Our University has an International Friendship Club called “IFC”. This club makes plans for you to participate in the University’s activities such as the University festival and also plans trips,sports,parties with ethnic foods and other events.

(4)Main Events Scheduled for the Year
Welcome party for new students
Guidance for new overseas students
University’s foundation day
Welcome party by the International Friendship Club
Spring Festival and Sports Festival
Trip held by IFC
International Cultural Exchange party
Sports Festival
University Festival (Tsurugi-sai)
Sports festival held by IFC

5 Tuition

Methods of Payment
Tuition shall be made in two payments every year,once in April and once in October. If you need to transfer funds to our accounts,please follow the procedures at the banks listed below.

◎List of Banks
Shizuoka Bank: Kusanagi Branch
Suruga Bank: Kusanagi Branch
Shimizu Bank: Bijyutsukanmae Branch
※Payment deadlines are listed in the Student Handbook.

Students who can not transfer funds,have difficulty making payment by the due date or have any questions concerning tuition,please contact the Administration Offices,Managerial Staff located on the 2nd floor of the Habataki Building,
Those who plan to be on a deferral or drop-out of the University still may need to pay tuition,so please contact the Student Staff as soon as possible.

Tuition Waiver
Students who find it impossible to fulfill payment requirements due to financial difficulties may apply for exemption. Methods on how to apply will be posted on the “Web Service System” in January and June.
※Please ask the Student Staff for further details on exemption of tuition.

6 Scholarships for Overseas Students

The following scholarships are available to overseas students.
The requirements for each scholarship will be announced on the “Web Service System”.
Please check the requirements carefully and follow the instructions when applying.

University of Shizuoka provides scholarships and bursaries to international students.
You don’t have to return the money.
University of Shizuoka¥50,000/monthOne year2nd-4th year undergraduate student5April
University of Shizuoka¥70,000/monthOne yearMaster’s student
Doctoral student

These scholarships for our university students are from local enterprises. You don’t have to return the money. Some scholarships are for both Japanese and overseas students, so these scholarships are highly competitive and hence, you are not guaranteed to be awarded the scholarships.
ScholarshipAmountDurationRequirementsNos. Accepted(2016)Deadline
AMANO KAISOTEN Co, Ltd.¥50,000/monthOne yearStudents from Southeast Asian countries and P.R.China2March - April
TOKAI Co., Ltd.¥50,000/monthOne yearAll students

(including Japanese students)
Japanese 3
Overseas 2
March - April
Banjo Shokuhin Co., Ltd.¥50,000/monthOne yearStudents from ASEAN countries in 1st and 2nd grade 1April
TOKAI DENPUN Co., Ltd.¥30,000/monthOne yearStudents from Asia in Master’s degree3April
SHIZUOKA GAS¥50,000/monthOne yearAll students
(including Japanese students)
Japanese 2
Overseas 0
March - April
The Suruga Foundation
¥50,000/monthTwo years

(3rd and 4th grade)
Undergraduate students from Asian countries in 2nd gradeJapanese 1
Overseas 1
December - January
Shimizu Rotary Club¥50,000/yearOne Payment1 st year students not receiving scholarship6Feburuay - April
SHIZUGIN Asia Scholarship¥100,000/monthTwo yearStudents from Asia3October
SUICHI Scholarship¥50,000/monthOne yearUndergraduate students in 2nd year and overJapanese 1
Overseas 1
ENKEI Foundation¥20,000/monthOne yearJapanese students/
Students from ASEAN countries
Japanese 3
Overseas 4

Nationwide Scholarships
These scholarships are for overseas students studying at allow universities in Japan. You don’t have to return the money. The numbers of adoption are limited. So, if you are referred by the university, you are not guaranteed an awarded.
ScholarshipAmountDurationRequirementsNos. accepted
JASSO Honors scholarship

¥48,000/monthOne yearundergraduate student2
JASSO Honors scholarship

¥48,000/monthMaster’s student
Doctoral student
Japanese Government Scholarship

One year

(one year extension possible)
Those who are studying in or applying for M.A. or Ph.D courses
(under the age of 35)

Sagawa Scholarship Foundation
¥100,000/monthOne year

(one year extension possible)
Students from Southeast Asian countries in 3rd grade (under 27 years old)
Sagawa Scholarship Foundation
¥100,000/monthOne year

(one year extension possible)
Students from Southeast Asian countries intending to enter a Master’s degree program or in 2nd year of Doctoral course0
JEES scholarship
Nichino Scholarship
¥50,000/monthTwo yearThose who passed Japanese language proficiency test N1 and majoring in Japanese0
Rotary-Yoneyama Memorial Foundation (undergraduate)¥100,000/monthmaximum 2 yearsStudents in 3rd or 4th (under the age of 45)2 (university)
Rotary-Yoneyama Memorial Foundation (graduate)¥140,000/monthStudents in Master’s degree program or 2nd or 3rd grade in Doctoral course

(under the age of 45)
Heiwa Nakajima Foundation Scholarship for Foreign Students in Japan (undergraduate)¥100,000/monthOne year

(one year extension possible)
All undergraduate students0 (university)
Heiwa Nakajima Foundation Scholarship for Foreign Students in Japan (graduate)¥100,000/monthAll graduate students0 (university)
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation¥200,000/month for 1-2 years


¥150,000/month for 4-5 years


¥180,000/month for 3 years
Students studying in or applying for M.A. or Ph.D. courses

【master’s degree】

under the age of 31

【doctoral course】

under the age of 36


Iwatani International Scholarship¥150,000/monthOne yearGraduate students from East or Southeast Asian countries studying natural science

【master’s degree】

under the age of 30

【doctoral course】

under the age of 35

Nitori International Scholarship Foundation¥110,000/monthOne yearStudents in 3rd or 4th year (Undergraduate)
Students in 1st or 2nd year (Master's)
Otsuka Toshimi Scholarship Foundation¥1,000,000-¥2,000,000/yearOne yearGraduate students whose reserch subject is related to pharmacology, biology, nutrition, or business administration172(nationwide)
Sato Yo International Scholarship Foundation¥120,000/month
2 yearsStudents from designated countries33(nationwide)
0 (university)
Korean Scholarship Foundation¥25,000/month
One yearKorean students
in 2nd year and over(undergraduate) / in 1st year and over (graduate)

●Points to be careful about when applying for scholarship

As a principle, the University will not allow students to receive 2 or more scholarships at the same time. This is because it will not be fair if one student receives 2 or more scholarships and others not receive any.
So if you receive a recommendation of the university for one scholarship, you won’t get any recommendation for other scholarships unless you are not adopted for the former scholarship.

Scholarship deadlines and documents necessary for application will be posted on the “Web Service System” when the time comes. Late applications will not be accepted even if you have not seen the notices. Therefore make sure to check the “Web Service System” everyday.

The resident status must be “College Student” in order to receive a scholarship. Newcomers should be careful when applying because applications will not be accepted if their status is not “College Student”.

When you apply for a scholarship,you would need a transcript or certificate of graduation from your last school in your country. So,you should prepare those document in advance.

When you apply for a scholarship,you sometimes must submit a medical certificate. The university offers an annual physical examination every April,which is free of charge. You can get your medical certificate by undergoing this examination.

For some scholarships you will need to include a letter of recommendation from your academic advisor. Undergraduate students in the 3rd or 4th year and graduate students should ask their advisor to complete the necessary forms provided.Undergraduate students in the 1st or 2nd year,should contact the Student Staff.

7 Health Care

A healthy body is an important factor for leading a fulfilling overseas life.
Overseas students should take care since you are living in a place you are not accustomed to.
Whenever you do not feel well, do not hesitate to go to the medical room and see a doctor as soon as possible.

(1) Medical Room ( Mon. ‐ Thur. 10:00 - 17:00 / Fri. 10:00 - 16:00)
The medical room is located on the first floor of the Habataki Building where you can receive health consultations, get physical check-ups and first aid treatment. Health consultations and treatments for sickness and injuries are free of charge so please take advantage of them.

(2) Medical Support Center –health promotion room- (Mon. - Thur. 9:00 - 16:00 / Fri. 9:00 - 15:00)
The medical Support Center is located on the first floor of General Education Building where you can do light exercise. The center holds health-rerated lecture regularly.

(3) Medical Support center –counseling room- (Mon. ‐ Fri. 10:00-17:00)
For those who are fluent in Japanese, there is also university’s counseling room. The counseling room is located on the first floor of General Education Building. Students can come to seek counsel on issues such as relationships, and the daily life matters. When in trouble, students are advised to ask for help instead of worrying about their problems alone.

(4) Health Checkup
The University offers an annual health checkup in April every year. The schedule is posted on “Web Service System”. All students must take this annual university health checkup. Without this checkup, students cannot receive university health certifications that may be required for scholarship applications and entrance examinations.

(5) National Health Insurance
The National Health Insurance lessens the burden of the medical costs whenever you are sick or injured.
All overseas students intending to stay in Japan for more than one year are required by law to join the National Health Insurance Program. Applications for this program should be submitted to the National Health Insurance Section at the city or town hall where you reside.
By joining the National Health Insurance Program an Insurance Certificate will be issued.
If this Certificate is shown at the reception of the medical institution, the amount to be paid should be 30% of the total medical expense. (There are cases where this may not apply.)

※(The Aoi Ward Office)
5-1 Ote-machi, Aoi Ward,Shizuoka City
(〒420-8602) Tel: 054-221-1070
※(The Suruga Ward Office)
10-40 Minamiyahata-cho,Suruga Ward,Shizuoka City
(〒422-8550) Tel: 054-287-8621
※(The Shimizu Ward Office)
6-8 Asahi-cho,Shimizu Ward,Shizuoka City
(〒424-8701) Tel: 054-354-2141

(6)Student Insurance
This insurance covers students for any injuries that may occur during any academic or social programs at the University or on their way to and from the University.
The insurance premium will be collected at the time you enter the University.
For further details, please see the Students Handbook or ask the Student Staff.

8 Living in Japan

(1) Accommodation
A Students’ Housing List can be obtained from the Student Staffs for students seeking for apartment houses.
If you change your address while you are a student of this University, please hand in the change of address form to the Academic Staffs, located on the 1st floor of the Administration Building, and also notify the Student Staffs.
(General Information)

Size of Room,Monthly Rent
25,000yen ~ 30,000yen

6tatami-size with bath and toilet
30,000yen ~ 50,000yen

One room apartment with bath and toilet
30,000yen ~ 60,000yen

It is customary in Japan to pay a security deposit, key money and commission and also pay the monthly rent in advance. Therefore it may be necessary to pay the equivalent of 4 to 6 months rent in advance.


Security Deposit(Hoshokin)
1 to 2 times monthly room rate.
Security for non-payment of rent and damage to the room. Balance will be refunded after deducting fees when moving out of the room.

Key Money(Kenrikin)
1 to 2 times monthly room rate.
Paid to the land lord when renting the room.|Non-refundable.

Monthly room rate.
Paid to the real estate agent as handling commission.

(2) Housing Insurance : Security for Reparation Liability Program
When you rent an apartment in Japan, you are usually asked for a guarantor on the apartment contract. With this program, the University (dean) will be your guarantor which will make things easier for you and if for example you damage your room because a fire breaks out, insurance will cover a portion of the damages.

Whether you join the program or not is your decision. If you would like to apply for the program please contact the Student Staffs.

(3) Food|Eating properly is a necessity for maintaining your health during your stay.
When you live alone you tend to neglect your meals but this eating habit can adversely affect your health. Please try to eat balanced meals.

(4) Japanese National Holidays
Listed below are the National Holidays in Japan. On these days not only the
University but most government and municipal offices and banks are also closed.

1New Year's Day
Celebrate the New Year
2nd MondayComing-of-Age Day
To honor those who reached the age of 20
11National Foundation Day
To pray for the development of the country
Around 20
Vernal Equinox Day
Day for thanking the nature
29Showa Day
Birthday of the Shōwa Emperor
3Constitution Day
Day Japan's new Constitution was founded
4Green Day
To think about the nature around us
5Children's DayTo wish happiness for our children
20Sea Day
To thank the sea
August11Mountain dayTo thank the mountain
15Senior Citizen’s Day
To think about and respect our elderly
Around 23Autumnal Equinox Day
To think and pray about our ancestors
2nd Monday
Health-Sports Day
To encourage the nation to enjoy sports
3Culture Day
To celebrate the development of culture
23Labor Thanksgiving Day
To recognize and thank the nation's labor force
23The Emperor's Birthday
Celebrate the Emperor's birthday

※When a holiday falls on a Sunday the following Monday will be a holiday.

May 4th will also be a holiday because of the law concerning National Holidays.

※Normally in Japan, banks, post offices, and companies are closed on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays but department stores and shops are open.

※ In addition to the holidays listed above, many companies and stores are closed during “Obon” in the middle of August.

Many banks, companies, and stores will also be closed at the beginning and end of the year, especially January 1st to 3rd .

Many cities and towns request garbage to be sorted into burnable and non-burnable garbage and placed in their designated garbage bags. The days and places to put out the garbage is also restricted so please check with your community and follow the rules.

9 Part Time Jobs

Studying is your primary concern. One must be reminded that the resident status “College Student” does not permit working in Japan, therefore when a student wishes to take a part time job one must request permission in advance from the immigration office.
After application you will obtain a Restricted Permit for Part Time Work. This means that it will permit degree students to work less than 28 hours per week (less than 8 hours per day during vacation). However you are not allowed, under any circumstances, to work at places which are considered to affect public morals. Please make use of the files located at the Student Staffs to find part time jobs.

10 In case of Emergency

In case of emergency, please call the numbers listed below and also notify your academic advisor or Student Affairs Bureau immediately.

・If you are a victim of theft or involved in a traffic accident.
Please notify whether it is a “theft” or “traffic accident”, your address, name, and where (place).

・When riding a bicycle/motorcycle or driving a car…
If you own a motorcycle or a car make sure to apply for voluntary insurance.
Turn on the lights at night.
Pedestrians travel on the right, motorcycles, and bicycles on the left.
Park only in designated places and make sure to lock your bicycle/motorcycle..
Never ride on bicycles left on the streets. (It’s a crime.)
When giving away or throwing away, you need to follow appropriate procedures.

・In case of fire or calling an ambulance…
Please notify whether your call concerns a “fire” or “ambulance”, your address, name,and where (place of fire etc.).

[Calling an ambulance]
In case of sudden illness or serious injury, dial 119 and call an ambulance. Ambulances can be called 24 hours a day and the use is free of charge. However, medical expenses must be paid, so have your Alien Registration Card or Passport, National Health Insurance Certificate and cash ready while waiting for the ambulance to come.
Ambulances will come with a revolving red light so when you hear the sound of the siren, go out and notify them where you are.
Ambulances can only be called in cases of emergency. In cases of minor injuries go to your nearest medical center by car or taxi.

[In case of fire]
Dial 119, inform your neighbors and ask for help. Extinguishing the fire in the early stage is important but this is only until the fire reaches the ceiling. Please be careful before it is too late to escape.
If the fire gets into oil, do not pour water on it but use a fire extinguisher or a water soaked bed sheet. Cover your mouth with a wet towel because the smoke is poisonous and stay low when evacuating.
Be very careful during fires because many Japanese houses are made of flammable materials.
Please be careful of heating devices, cigarettes and gas especially when you leave your room or when you go to bed.

There is a possibility that Shizuoka Prefecture could be hit by the so-called “Tokai Earthquake” with a magnitude of 8 on the Richter scale centering in the Suruga Bay area in the near future.
If the “Tokai Earthquake” does hit the area, the intensity of the earthquake is estimated to be around 5 to 7 in Shizuoka causing large scale damage. (About the same intensity as the “Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake” recorded in Kobe City.) Some claim that the “Tokai Earthquake” may be predicted, however it could also hit suddenly like the “Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake”.
Therefore you should always be prepared for a big earthquake and know what to do when such an earthquake hits the area.
When the earthquake hits the area, the University will contact you to make sure that you are safe.
Once you are in a safe place, please notify the University by phone (answering machine) or send us the postcard confirming your safety to make procedures easier.
(area code 054)

School of Pharmaceutical Sciences:264-5989,264-5990

School of Food and Nutritional Sciences:264-5991,264-5992

Graduate School of Integrated Pharmaceutical and Nutritional Sciences:264-5993,264-5994

School of International Relations:264-5995
Graduate School of International Relations:264-5996

School of Management and Information:264-5997
Graduate School of Management and Information of Innovation:264-5998

School of Nursing:264-5901
Graduate School of Nursing:264-5902

※Please call the above numbers if a big earthquake hit the area.
[When an Earthquake Hits the Area]
Strong tremors will last for about 1 to 2 minutes. Aftershocks are said to be weaker than the original earthquake.

1 Protect yourselves from falling objects by seeking shelter under a table or a desk, if available.
2 Switch off all gas and electrical appliances.
3 Secure an exit by opening windows or doors. Stay indoors. If you attempt to go outside, you
4 may be injured by falling glass, roof tiles or electrical cables.
5 Get the right information through public announcements. (Television and radio)
6 Cooperate with your neighbors and help each other.

Keep away from concrete walls and utility poles. They might fall down.

11 Applications for VISA

(1)Renewal of residence
Period of status of residence is one or two year. If you want to extend the period, you must renew the period until day of expiration at the immigration office. You can apply for that for two months before the day of expriration.

[Necessary documents to be submitted]
1 Application for Change of Status of Residence (available at the immigration office)
2 A student registration certificate (issued by the Student Staffs)
3 A result certificate (issued by the Academic Staffs)
4 A cost payment certificate
5 Revenue stamp for 4,000yen (You must buy it beforehand.)
6 Passport (only showing)
7 Alien Registration Card (only showing)
※ Other documents may be required at the time of application.

(2)Leaving Japan temporarily and re-entry
If you wish to leave Japan temporarily and re-enter, for example during summer , winter vacations, you must get a permit from the immigration office before your departure. Without this permit, you will have to re-apply for a visa in order to re-enter Japan, which will take about the same time as your first entry to Japan. You can purchase a “single” or “multiple” re-entry permit.

[Necessary documents to be submitted]
1 Application for re-entry permit (available at the immigration office)
2 Revenue stamp for 3,000yen / single, 6,000yen , multiple (You must buy it beforehand)
3 Passport (only showing)
4 Alien Registration card (only showing)
※In case of going abroad like leaving Japan temporarily, please submit “report of going abroad” to the Student Staffs before leaving Japan.
※Nagoya Regional Immigration Bureau Shizuoka Branch
6F Ichinose Center building 9-4 Tenma-cho, Aoi-ku, Shizuoka City (〒420-0858) Tel:054-653-5571

(3) Procedure at a municipal office
A. Those who have come to Japan for the first time
Those who have received a resident card at a port of entry/departure (*) are asked to visit the municipal office where they live with their resident card, and notify the Ministry of Justice where they live within 14 days of finding a place to settle down.

(*) This includes those in possession of a passport stating "A resident card will be issued later." In such a case, please be sure to bring your passport to your municipality's office and follow the necessary procedures.

B. Those who have moved into a new residence
Those who have changed his/her place of residence are asked to bring his/her resident card to the municipal office of his/her new residence and notify the Ministry of Justice of the new residence within 14 days of moving to the new residence.

※(The Aoi Ward Office)5-1 Ote-machi, Aoi-ku, Shizuoka City (〒420-8602) Tel:054-221-1061
(The Suruga Ward Office) 10-40 Minamiyahata-cho, Suruga-ku, Shizuoka City (〒422-8550) Tel:054-287-8611
(The Shimizu Ward Office) 6-8 Asahi-cho, Shimizu-ku, Shizuoka City (〒424-8701) Tel:054-354-2127

12 Before returning to your country

(1)Dispatch of research materials
AIEJ will dispatch the necessary research information (professional journals, research bulletins, etc. published in Japan) to former overseas students who graduate from Japanese higher educational institutions, for up to two years after returning to their home countries covering expenses of up to 20,000yen (postage excluded). Students must apply within six months after graduation.

For details, please contact the Students Staffs.

Please make use of the check list on the following page so that the return to
your country will go smoothly.

[Check List Before Leaving Japan]
One month before leaving your apartment…
・Have you contacted your guarantor?
・Which day and what time are you moving?
・Will the landlord be present at the time of moving?
・Have you paid all your bills?
・Will the cost of cleaning your room be deducted from the security deposit?
・When and how will your security deposit be adjusted and reimbursed?
・What will do with your belongings?
・Are there any belongings you will send home? If yes, you should send it from the post office or contact a moving company.
・If you have anything that you will leave for your friends, you should decide whether they will pick it up, or will send it.

One week before leaving your apartment…
・Return your National Health Insurance Certificate to the government office where you live.
・Close your bank/post office accounts.
・If you subscribe to any newspapers contact the shop and settle your debts.
・Pay off any debts to your friends.
・Clean up your room. You must not leave any of your belonging or garbage behind, except for the furniture that was already there.
・What should be done with the postal materials received after your departure?
If you want them sent to you, you should have them transferred to a friend’s house. This can be done through your nearest post office. Don’t forget to leave enough money for postage with your friend.
・Don’t forget to say good-bye to your professors and the University staff. Also please let the University know your home address in writing.

When you leave the apartment…
・Ask your landlord and guarantor to be present when you leave the apartment house to avoid any troubles or misunderstandings.
・Make sure to lock up the room when you leave and hand the keys to your landlord.

When leaving Japan…
Surrender your Alien Registration Card to the Immigration Office at your port of departure from Japan.


Please check the website of JASSO for general informations about studying in Japanese Universities.